The Tamil Nadu government on Sunday, while extending general lockdown till September 30, introduced largescale relaxations for the movement of the public, in an attempt to spur economic activity and growth. Tamil Nadu government drops the e-Pass system for inter-district movements.
1. From Tuesday, September 1, intra-district operations of public transport (buses) have been permitted across the state, including in Chennai.
2. Metro train services resume in Chennai from Sep. 7 along with the rest of the states.
3. Shopping malls, showrooms, big formal stores, and Malls are allowed to reopen but Theatres to remain closed.
4.No more E-pass required to travel between districts in Tamil Nadu but those who come from other states or abroad must require E-pass.
5. Today is last complete Sunday lockdown for TN, henceforth no more Sunday lockdown as part of Unlock4.
6. All public, private, Government offices banks can operate with 100% employees.
7. Cinema shooting can resume with people not more than 75 in the unit.
8. All regional worship places across Tamil Nadu can be opened to the public. SOPs will be released soon on a number of devotees are allowed to worship at a time.
9. Hotel, resorts, lodges & recreation clubs are allowed to open by following SOPs.
10. Summary of things which will remain closed in TN during September – School, colleges, training centers, Theatre, amusement parks, parks, beaches, tourist places, swimming pools, mass people gathering places.
Public transport will be only within districts. No public transport will be available to travel from one district to another. All shops across Tamil Nadu, including those in Chennai to remain open till 8 pm. Inter-State railway services allowed only in select routes; But, no intra-State railway services until September 15; Suspension of suburban train services to continue. A new protocol for quarantine and testing would be issued for international and domestic Air Passengers and other State Railway Passengers: Tamil Nadu.
People keen on visiting hill stations like the Nilgris, Kodaikanal, and Yercaud from other districts should apply for e-pass from the respective district collector. The move is to restrict the number of people visiting these places.
Fresh relaxations would not apply to any COVID19 containment zones across Tamil Nadu where the lockdown has been extended till September 30.
Connect with us